About Our Lake
With 54,000 acres and over 1,150 miles of shoreline, we have over a dozen communities in three counties surrounding this great body of water.
As one of the country’s most beautiful locations boasting expansive forests, rolling hills and dramatic bluffs, Lake of the Ozarks is truly Mid-America’s premier vacation, golfing and fishing destination. Friendly people, low cost of living, low taxes, low crime and excellent schools make it a wonderful place to work, live and relax.
From coast to coast and throughout the world, people travel along our Lake of the Ozarks roads to experience nature’s remarkable beauty. Our main feeder areas are greater Kansas City and St. Louis, Missouri; Chicago, Illinois; Des Moines, Iowa; and Omaha, Nebraska. Being centrally located, we are only hours from eight surrounding states.
Some of our finest recreational and sightseeing opportunities include:
- 15 Golf courses including Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicholas and Tom Weiskoff Courses
- 7 Miniature golf courses
- 4 Family fun parks
- 7 Go-kart tracks
- 3 Show caves: Camden, Miller and Morgan counties, which surround the Lake, are home to 300 wild caves. Show Caves are wild caves that have been tamed through tremendous work and expense. Paved walkways, bridges and hand rails have been constructed, and lights have been installed for the convenience of viewing nature’s underground beauty with little effort and very safely. No special clothing or equipment necessary.
- Over 100 marinas or marine-related services
- Over 110 restaurants, 40 of which are waterfront
- Ha Ha Tonka State Park: The largest state park in Missouri includes the natural beauty of pristine blue water from a huge underground spring, unusual rock formations, castle ruins and trails which are also accessible to individuals with disabilities.
- The largest brand name factory outlet mall in Missouri in addition to several other malls, art galleries, country sampler shops and boutiques
- Over 50 antique stores within a 50-mile radius
- 5 Airports
- Lake of the Ozarks Regional Hospital: A 140 Bed not-for-profit hospital, our facility was designated a Level III Trauma Center with top-flight cardiovascular services including open heart surgery and digital cardiac catheterization, state-of-the-art diagnostic and treatment options supported by an exceptionally trained medical staff and a network of specialty clinics.
In the past 15 years, the Lake of the Ozarks has become one of the fastest growing regions in the state. National commercial retailers and food service industry outlets recognizing this potential have been moving into the area at a pace almost too rapid to comprehend. The Missouri Department of Transportation has placed new construction and the restructuring of major roadways leading into the area at the top of its priority list.
Our Calendar of Events includes everything you can possibly imagine all designed to keep you and your guests entertained. Our national fishing tournaments and boat races, golf tournaments, home and boat shows, art shows (including juried national competition), stage and orchestra presentations, countless festivals and fairs and attractions constantly draw visitors to the Lake throughout the year.